Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LOVE TRIANGLE

One night, out of unbearable pain
The moth came out and put on a claim:
He asked the candle: Pray!
How long will you be burning me thus, in dismay?
And the candle said in return:
You heedless creature, what do you say?
You in the blink of an eye
And are freed from suffering and pain.
All along the night till morning
I spend my time weeping and burning in agony.
At times, I laugh but it is at myself;
At times, I weep in mourning....
There exist another candle but hidden from sight;
A candle which is neither lit nor extinct.
To that candle I am the moth, the ardent moth
And from that comes my disposition to wailing
It makes me burn as I make you burn:
This is ultimate sign of love
Why do you thus bully me, since like you
I spend my days in unbearable pain?
If that candle would shine from the invisible world
So many moths will fall prey to Him.
'Attar shall continue candle-like to burn
A long as there is a trace of him to burn.

                                                                ATTAR

No comments:

Post a Comment