Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

KAHLIL GIBRAN (1883-1931)

Kahlil Gibran was a poet, philosopher and artist. He was born in Lebanon.
The millions of Arabic speaking people are familiar with his writings in
Arabic language. His poetries have been translated into more than twenty
languages. His drawings and paintings have been exhibited in the great capitals
of the world. In United States, which he made his home during last twenty years
of his life, he began to write in English. "The Prophet" and other books on his
poetries are loved by many Americans and seen as expression of reflecting
inside of human mind and soul. His message was Universal and reflects
fundamentals of all pure souls regardless of from which religion they belong.
Some of the treasures by Kahlil Gibran are, The Prophet, Prose Poems,
The Tear and a Smile, Jesus the son of man, Sand and Foam, The forerunner,
The Madman, The Earth Gods, and Spirits Rebellious ect. Today Kahlil Gibran
is not among us but, his words still light ups our mind and soul.

       "I came to say a word and I shall say it now. But if death prevents me,
         it will be said by Tomorrow, for Tomorrow never leaves a secret in
         the book of Eternity.
               I came to live in the glory of Love and the light of Beauty, which
         are the reflections of God. I am here, living, and I cannot be exited
         from the domain of life, for through my living word I will live in death.
               I came here to be for all and with all, and what I do today in my
         solitude will be echoed Tomorrow by the multitude.
                What I say now with one heart will be said Tomorrow by thousands
          of hearts."

                                                                                   KAHLIL GIBRAN

No comments:

Post a Comment