Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SAYINGS OF KAHLIL GIBRAN

-It was but yesterday I thought mt self a fragment quivering
  without rhythm in the sphere of life.
  Now I know that I am the sphere, and all life in rhythmic
  fragments moves within me.


-They say to me in their awakening, "You and the world you
  live in are but a grain of sand upon the infinite shore of an
  infinite sea."
  And in my dream I say to them, "I am the infinite sea, and
  all worlds are but grain of sand upon my shore."


-When God threw me, a pebble, into this wondrous lake
  I disturbed its surface with countless circles.
  But when I reached the depth I became very still.


-Once I knew a man whose ears were exceedingly keen,
but he was dumb. He had lost his tongue in a battle.
I knew now what battles that man fought before the great
silence came. I am glad he is dead.
The world is not large enough for two of us.


-Remembrance is a form of meeting.


-We measure time according to the countless movement of
 countless suns; and they measure time by little machines in
 their little pockets.
 Now tell me, how could we ever meet at the same place
 and the same time?


No comments:

Post a Comment