Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WHOM ARE YOU DECEIVING

 I love the story of the man who was promoted into a
management position. He felt very insecure being ushered
into his new office. Nevertheless, he looked proudly at his
new surroundings as he settled into his overstuffed office
chair. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. The new
manager, wanting to look busy, picked up the receiver of
his phone. Then he asked the visitor in. When the young man
 entered, the new manager nodded toward him saying, "just a
minute. I have to finish this call." Positioning the receiver, he
continued into the phone, "Yes sir, I can handle that account.
I know it's the largest this company has ever had. You can count
on me. You're welcome sir. Good-bye." The manager put the
 phone down and turned to his visitor. He smiled and asked,
"Now, what can I do for you?" The young man smiled and
answered, "Well I just came in to connect your telephone."

REF: THE SPEAKER'S SOURCEBOOK BY GLENN VAN EKEREN

No comments:

Post a Comment