Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

FROM SAND AND FOAM BY KAHLIL GIBRAN

-You cannot consume beyond your appetite. The other
 half of the loaf belongs to the other person, and there
should remain a little bread for the chance guest.


-Generosity is not in giving me that which I need more than
you do, but it is in giving me that which you need more than
I do.


-You are indeed charitable when you give, and while giving,
turn your face away so that you may not see the shyness of
the receiver.


-You may judge others only according to your knowledge
of yourself. Tell me now, who among us is guilty and who
 is unguilty?


-You cannot judge any man beyond your knowledge of him,
and how small is your knowledge.


-How mean am I when life gives me gold and I give you silver,
and yet I dream myself generous.


REF: KAHLIL GIBRAN AN ILLUSTRATED ANTHOLOGY
BY AYMAN A EL- DESOUKY.

No comments:

Post a Comment