Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

LETS SEE IF YOU ARE READY

There was a man who studied with a sheikh for thirty years. Then he said to the sheikh, "Now I want to go out with your permission to see if I can also teach others what I have learned from you."
The sheikh said, I'll ask you one question. If you can answer this question, I'll know that you ready. It is not a question from the Quran," he added.
"On your way back to your village" the sheikh went on, "will you pass a place where there are shepherds?"
The man said yes.
Then the sheikh asked, "As you walk by this place where there is a Shepherd with his sheep, if five of his sheepdogs attacked you, what would you do?"
The man said, "I'd pick up a stone and throw it."
And the sheikh said, "You might hit one dog, but the other four would get you."
The man said, "Well, I would take a stick and try to keep them off?"
And the sheikh said, "I say to you again that you might get one or even two, but the remainder of the dogs would certainly attack you. I can see that you are not yet ready to go out to teach others in your own village."
The man said, "O sheikh, at least tell me the answer."
The sheikh told him that if he called for the shepherd, the shepherd would come from his tent, and call each of the dogs by its name, and the dogs would turn away from the attack. "
Then the sheikh said, "In this world there are people who will attack you like those dogs, and if you try to fight them off, they will win. But if you call their owner, if you call the One who created them, then He will call them by name and will protect you."

REFERENCE: WHEN YOU HEAR HOOFBEATS THINK OF A ZEBRA
BY SHEMS FRIEDLANDER

No comments:

Post a Comment