Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SAYINGS OF IBN-AL-ARABI

1. When you realize the mystery of oneness with the Divine. You will know that you are no other than Allah, and that you always been and will always be beyond every time and place. Then you will understand that all your actions are His actions and your essence is His essence and all your attributes belong to Him. The soul then understands that it does not see Allah through itself but through Allah so that it is not the soul that loves Allah but Allah who loves Himself. The soul see Allah in all beings, but only because it is Allah who is looking.



2. Allah is not limited to the way he appears to you by making Himself appropriate to your ability to receive Him. Therefore, no other creature are obliged to obey the God you worship for He appears to them in others form.



3. God removed from me my contingent dimension. Thus I attained in this non tunnel journey the inner realities of all the Names, and I saw them all returning to One subject and One Entity. The subject was that I witnessed and that Entity was my being. For my voyage was only in myself and pointed to myself and through this I came to know that I was pure "slave" without a trace of lordship in me at all.



4. All is contained in the divine breath, like the day in the morning down.


5. My existence is from you and your appearance is through me.
Yet if I had not appeared, you would not been.


6. Gnostic's cannot impart their feelings to the other men; they can only indicate them symbolically to those who have begun to experience the like.


7. When my Beloved appears,
with what eye do I see Him?
with His eye, not with mine,
For none sees Him except Himself.


8. Everything engendered in existence is Imagination-
but in fact it is Reality whoever understand this truth
has grasped the mysteries of the way.


9. God made the creatures as veils. He who knows them to be such is led back to Him, but he who takes them as real is barred from His presence.


10. I saw myself through the light that things carry in their essence- not through any extraneous light.


11. He is the seer and also that through which He sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment