Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

ONE MAN'S POISON IS ANOTHER MAN'S HONEY

Once Prophet Moses comes across a humble old shepherd in the desert. The shepherd is praying to Allah in the most informal of ways, saying how he want to pick the lice off Him, to wash His clothes, to kiss His feet and hands. The Shepperd ends his prayers with "When I think of You, all I can say Ahhhhh! Moses is appalled by this lack of reverence and exclaims, "Do you realize that you are talking to the Creator of Heaven and Earth, not to your old uncle?!" Feeling very foolish, the shepherd asks Moses if he thinks Allah will ever forgive him. At that moment, however, divine voice speaks to Moses, rebuking him saying: Moses, what to you seems wrong is right for him. One man's poison is another man's honey. Ways of worships cannot ranked as better or worse. It is all praise and it is all right. It is the worshipper who is glorified by worship- not I. I don't listen to the words. I look inside at the humility. Only that low and open emptiness is important to me.

REFERENCE: THE HEART OF ISLAM
BY TIMOTHY FREKE

No comments:

Post a Comment