Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

FAITHFUL LOVER

The moon came to me last night
       With a sweet question.

              She said,

"The sun has been my faithful lover
          For millions of years.

Whenever I offer my body to him
Brilliant light pours from his heart.

Thousands then notice my happiness
           And delight in pointing
                Toward my beauty.

                           Hafiz,
             Is it true that our destiny
                 is to turn into Light
                            Itself?"

                       And I replied,

                         Dear moon,
        Now that your love is maturing,
               We need to sit together
              Close like this more often

                So I might instruct you
                     How to become
                           Who you
                                Are!

                                             HAFIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment